Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Letter Y

Books:


Yawn by Sally Symes
Little Yoga by Rebecca Whitford
Eli, No! Katie Kirk
Yes Day! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Additional Books:

The Little Yellow Leaf by Carin Berger
Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett
Lemons Are Not Red by Laura Vaccaro Seeger

Felt Story:

Go Away Big Yellow Monster 

(adapted from Ed Emberly's Go Away, Big Green Monster)

Big yellow monster has a big yellow face,
two big green eyes,
a long orange nose,
a big red mouth with sharp white teeth,
two squiggly wiggly ears,
and scraggly purple hair...

Does he look scary to you? No!
You don't scare me!

So, GO AWAY, scraggly purple hair!
GO AWAY, two squiggly wiggly ears!
GO AWAY, long orange nose!
GO AWAY, big red mouth with sharp white teeth!
GO AWAY, two big green eyes!
GO AWAY Big Yellow Monster!
And don't come back until I say so!


Songs:

Shake Your Sillies Out!

(Ukulele Chords: CGC, FGC) 

I'm gonna shake, shake, shake my sillies out
Shake, shake, shake my sillies out
 I'm gonna shake, shake, shake my sillies out
And wiggle my waggles away!

other verses:

Clap my crazies out
Jump my jiggles out
Yawn my yawnies out
Shake my sillies out

No comments:

Post a Comment