Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Letter X

Books:

Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss
A Fox: The Sound of X by Alice K Flanagan
Max's ABC by Rosemary Wells

Additional Books:

A Call for a New Alphabet by Jef Czekaj
My Mom Has X-Ray Vision by Angela McCallister

Puppet:


Red Fox Red Fox


Red fox, red fox turn around
Red fox, red fox touch the ground
Red fox, red fox reach up high
Red fox, red fox touch the sky
Red fox, red fox touch your nose
Red fox, red fox touch your toes
Red fox, red fox touch your knees
Red fox, red fox sit down please

Credit: Storytime Katie

I was really excited to do A Call for a New Alphabet and My Mom Has X-ray Vision, but we had a pretty young crowd this week and it didn't seem like they would handle the longer stories well so we stuck with the short ones. Fox in Socks went over better than I had expected, though I will admit I cut out much of the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment