Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sick Storytime

Books:

Pigs Make Me Sneeze! by Mo Willems
Llama Llama Home with Mama by Anna Dewdney
Boo Hoo Bird by Jeremy Tankard

Additional Books:

Bear Feels Sick by Karma Wilson
Mother Mother I Feel Sick Send for the Doctor Quick Quick Quick by Remy Charlip

Songs:

Five Little Monkeys

(We had a particularly wiggly group, so we jumped up and down as we counted down the monkeys on our fingers).
 
Five little monkeys jumping on the bed
One fell off and bumped his head
Mama called the doctor,
And the doctor said
No more monkeys jumping on the bed

 Band-aid Puppet/Felt

This is an adaptation of Storytime Katies "Band-aids" felt story. Since there are too many kids in my Tuesday storytime to have each of them come up and add a band-aid, instead I pointed to the various parts on the bear and had the kids tell me what body part I was pointing to and what color band-aid I was putting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment